Tuesday, November 16, 2010

US Immigration law. Who is benefited?

Granting amnesty to illegal immigrants is a tough call. But the bottom line is you CANNOT stop illegal immigration no matter what you do to your borders as they run into thousands of miles. This is commonsense.

Also announcing we give amnesty to the illegal immigrants is dangerous as I feel people across the border feel obligated to cross the border to take this benefit.

On the other hand, whether US can arrest and send back all the 13 million estimated illegal immigrants to solve this issue? I don't think it is practically possible either.

So the only way out is to find a middle path in fixing this issue. I don't know what the middle path is. Maybe to begin with harsher punishments for people who cross the border illegally? I don't know. No I'm NOT talking about Arizona Law here. Persoanally for me this law leads to dangerous consequences.

But one thing, I can tell you this for sure, few compromises need to be made to fix this issue. I feel it is NOT a law enforcement issue any more. It is more of a political issue. Though Politicians tend to disagree on this issue. Right now, we don't have any other option except that Politicians should have a political will to address this issue.

Hoping to see some sensible commonsense ideas coming thru in fixing this issue once for all.